Adopt a Room or Family
Why we need your help
When a child is diagnosed with a life-threatening illness, they heal better when their family is by their side. These families must travel long distances and face expensive accommodation when travelling to BC Children’s Hospital in Vancouver.
RMH BC eases the financial and emotional burdens on families, allowing them to focus on their child’s treatment. Through an annual commitment, the Adopt a Room program ensures that these families are well supported.
McDonald’s Owner, Kamloops, BC
adopt a family
adopt a family
When you support our Adopt a Family program, your support helps offset the cost of a family’s stay at the House. It costs Ronald McDonald House BC and Yukon $125 for one family to stay for one night, while families are asked to contribute only $12 a night. Your meaningful donation bridges this funding gap and gives our families a caring place to call home while their seriously ill child receives treatment.
The Adopt a Family program is a commitment of $2,500, and your gift will be recognized on our Adopt a Family wall.
Your gift provides:
- A cozy and comfortable place to sleep and call home
- A kitchen to prepare home-cooked meals
- A warm, respectful and understanding environment
- Ongoing support and interaction from staff, volunteers and other families
- Programs such as Family Meals and volunteer- led activities
- Financial relief
- Shared spaces including an exercise room, play rooms, outdoor play grounds, laundry room
Please contact us if you would like more information.