What can you do to help?
What can you do to help?
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we have taken precautionary steps to keep our families safe while they stay at RMH BC. This includes temporarily pausing our traditional fundraising events, as well as volunteer programs such as Family Meals and other activities that normally take place at the House.
During these unprecedented times, the health and well-being of our families is our top priority. Together, we are all feeling the strain of the current situation – however, the RMH BC families are feeling the added strain of being far from home.
start a facebook fundraiser
Call on support from your Facebook community! Setting up a fundraiser is quick and easy. Download our toolkit for instructions.
Make Fun Matter
Choose any fun activity and do it while raising funds for RMH BC families who are far from home during this difficult time. You can also bring your community together by turning any activity into a social challenge! Here are a few fun challenges that your squad can do while staying at a safe social distance:
- The “Super Strengths” Challenge: For every $X raised, commit to climbing flights of stairs, doing a number of push-ups, planks or some other physical feat! Check-out the super strengths of our RMH BC Families for inspiration!
- A “Shelf-Isolation” Read-A-Thon: Collect donations for the number of books you read at home.
- All-Day Challenge for Charity: Do something you love for 8 hours straight such as playing a game, reading a book or building a puzzle! Stream it Live on Facebook or another social media platform to continue garnering support.
For any challenge you choose, you can create a fundraising page and collect donations for RMH BC by following the link below.
Step up for families
Looking for ways to move more? Pledge to run, walk or roll 7.3 kms in one day for the 73 families who stay at the House every night. Or gather a team to run, walk or roll a combined 73 kms in one month!
- Register and set up your fundraiser.
- Choose your fundraising target:
- $125 gifts 1 night to a family
- $875 covers the cost of 1 week
- $1,500 supports a family for the average stay of 12 days
- Step up, share with your community and ask for support!
Light the House
Raise funds for families at RMH BC through the sale of paper light bulbs at your business, school or workplace. Donors can write their name or message of hope on the bulbs, which can be purchased for $2 or $5 each.
Help us Light the House from your own community by proudly displaying your bulbs on the wall. Be sure to send us pictures and tag us in any social media posts. #rmhbc
Did you know?
Time spent on fundraising activities can now be tracked as volunteer hours!
Contact us for more info!